Thursday, January 30, 2014

What's Ridge Filler?


Essie Fill The Gap
Ridge Filler Base Coat

     There will come a day, probably when you are over 30, you will glance down at your hands, probably when you are driving, and you won't recognize them. You may say to yourself, "Self, why is a gnarled old witch resting her hands where yours should be?"

     Then you will realize these are your hands.

     Then you will sigh.

     Sometime when you're not looking, and you're just living your life as usual, your hands will start to age. As I always say, the train's left the station and it doesn't go in reverse! Moisturizer helps, but the dead giveaway is the nails. Kind of like an old woman who'd had a facelift but forgot about her turkey neck. I've tried filing them smooth and all that does is (hurt!) damage the nail. So while I was on my chronic quest for the perfect shade of pale pink, I came across Essie's Fill the Gap ridge filler. I was really pleased with the results. It didn't turn back the clock all the way to 1993, but it helps. It helps.



Before, ridgy old lady nail
After, smooth, ridge free nail (with dry cuticles;)










                                                
                                                                With Fill The Gap ridge filler and 2 coats polish, Essie Mod Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. As soon as I make sure its not mean or spam, I will post it!