Thursday, March 6, 2014

Removing Stubborn Pills From Fabric






     I hate pills, not a little but a lot. They feel like sandpaper. They look like you're too cheap or too broke to buy new stuff. Problem is, I AM usually too cheap to buy new stuff. I hate having something relatively new and wash it only once or twice and it's covered in those gross nubs. I have tried lint rollers, masking tape, duct tape, and those battery operated clothes shavers. None of them work. Oh they may take off the top layer, but they are essentially a joke. 
     We love our quilt. It's the perfect shade to match everything in our bedroom and it's almost too warm yet very light. But, it's covered in pills. I had considered giving it to Goodwill, but I'm pretty sure even a homeless bag lady would be embarrassed to show up at her local alley trash can fire, covered in this mess. So rather than let it get thrown out by the staff at Goodwill, I got a little creative. I took a razor to it! I was surprised, but it actually worked. It wasn't fast and it was boring as all get-out but it worked and I saved $100 (that's what the one from T J Maxx I contemplated replacing it with cost).

Before. Gross!
During...


After! Good as new!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. As soon as I make sure its not mean or spam, I will post it!