Saturday, September 13, 2014

No Slip Headband



     I love walking. I hate hair in my sweaty face. I have fine, straight hair. Whenever I wear a fabric headband it slowly slides back on my head until it falls off. Whenever I wear a hard headband if it doesn't immediately slide off, it gives me a headache. 
     I knew there had to be something better so I went where I always go when I need answers. I was pretty sure the Bible didn't address what Naomi and Ruth wore when picking tares, so I went straight to the next best source for answers, Google. There I discovered Sweaty Bands. Just like with the FLIPBELT http://appalpie.blogspot.com/2014/09/running-belt.html  I knew I could have my own, cheaper, version of these ($17 each!) headbands in my hot little hands faster than I could get an order of these shipped to my door.
    
MATERIALS:
patterned ribbon
velvet ribbon (same width as patterned ribbon)
elastic
thread

STEP 1: Measure Your Head, Cut Ribbon and Elastic
     Run a tape measure around your head where you feel comfortable wearing your band. Subtract 4" for your elastic. Cut ribbon to this length. Cut 4" length of elastic.

STEP 2: Sew Ends Together
     Place right sides of ribbons together with elastic sandwiched in the middle. Sew.
right sides together with elastic in between
sew together the 3 layers
STEP 3: Sew up the Sides
     Flip the sewn end open so now your wrong sides are together. Top stitch down the length on both sides until about an inch from the end. I used a white top thread and black bobbin thread.
sides stitched together

STEP 4: Finish the End
     At the unfinished end, turn under the ends about 1/8" with the end of the elastic tucked inside. Top stitch it down. and you're done!
Finished band!


Ready to get sweaty!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. As soon as I make sure its not mean or spam, I will post it!