Saturday, September 13, 2014

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30-Day Smoothing Treatment Review


Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30-day Smoothing Treatment kit
     I don't know about you, but I love trying out anything that makes my hair shinier. I don't need help in the straight department, but as for shine I'm always looking for new treatments to try. I've used this kit a few times and I love it so I thought I'd give a review in case anyone was on the fence about trying it.

     The directions are pretty straightforward and easy to follow. 
First, you wash your hair with the shampoo packet enclosed. Don't use conditioner and let air dry just a bit. *If you plan to use the kit multiple times, keep in mind how much shampoo you'll need for other applications and conserve some of it.

Next, put on the gloves and shake the bottle and apply the treatment and comb it through. I have learned that less is more. The first time I used the kit I applied almost the entire bottle and it crusted up and left flaky gunk in my hair. Use just enough to coat your hair. Let sit 30 minutes.

Third, blow dry your hair, pulling it straight with a brush. Make sure it's totally dry.

Last, flat iron your hair. Turn up the iron as hot as it will go. Make several, quick passes over each section of hair. This can be a bit tricky because starting as soon as you dry it, you can't pin or clip your hair for 48 hours. You can't even tuck it behind your ears. I usually run the vent in the bathroom while I do this, the smell is kind of strong. (I use the Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron. You can actually set it to flat iron wet hair without damaging it!)

Don't wash your hair for at least 2 days. I cheat and use a bit of dry shampoo. You have to keep your hair as straight as possible too. No tucking it behind your ears, no bobby pins, barrettes, ponytails, no ball cap, etc. Every morning, during the 2 days until I wash my hair, I run a flat iron over it to get out the kinks from sleeping on it. It helps combat the greasies too!

I have fairly long hair (as you can see) and each kit has lasted me 3-4 uses (except for the first one, due to using too much of the product on my first try).


Unreal shine!
back view

NOTE: I haven't been compensated by Organix or Remington in any way. I just love their products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. As soon as I make sure its not mean or spam, I will post it!